Our firm provided Construction Management services on a $4.3 million renovation and restoration of this historic water pumping station located on Chicago’s west side. Originally built in 1899, it is one of 12 pump stations throughout Chicago that continue to provide water to over 40% of residents of the state of Illinois.
Our team repaired and replaced masonry, limestone, and terra cotta building surfaces; rebuilt parapet walls; and repaired deteriorated brickwork and performed tuckpointing. We also oversaw the removal and replacement of roofing systems as well as doors and windows, repaired concrete foundations; rebuilt the loading dock; and repaired and repainted windows, security screens and steel framing. In addition, the project involved asbestos and lead abatement.
We were also able to complete the project at a cost reduction of 22% from the contract award amount.